As the grip of the COVID-19 starts to loosen, our little island church is open and meeting. The virus has transformed the ministry from a house to house ministry to a one location ministry. It is so exciting to see the church that we planted is growing and transforming to a vision of what God is calling them to be. Please be in prayer for the church this month as they start back up with a more normal schedule, with Wednesday night as the big meeting night. They are still a story based ministry with each leader taking turns sharing the stories of scripture, playing games, singing, and praying for one another.
The news from Brazil is not good, as to the Coronavirus. The USA government is still telling citizens not to travel to Brazil. The BBC is reporting that the COVID-19 deaths continue to rise and have exceeded 100,000. So please keep our friends in prayer, whom many of them have been sick and still are dealing with complications in an area where medical care is still scarce.
Where Are the pattons?
Many have asked where are we now and what is on our agenda? We are living in Pleasant Hill, Ohio, a small country town surrounded by soybean and corn fields. God has provided a place for us to live, cars to get around, and clothes to wear in this cold weather (any time it gets below 80º).
We are now just starting to arrange presentations at our supporting churches, for the fall and winter months where possible along with fundraising efforts. The original plans were to make visits over the summer giving a final update and raise money for resettlement but now these plans are flexing with current events.
Listen to OUr Mini Album
It is still our passion to reach lost souls with the Biblical Stories of scripture. Ellen recently completed a Masters of Biblical Storytelling Certificate. Her certificate included sharing stories, story concerts, coaching storytellers, and teaching.
Wayne is focusing on developing Mini MP3 Albums to be used as an outreach tool. The stories are dynamically told including sound effects and music similar to a mini-drama, only these stories come from scripture. We would like to invite you to listen.
Mt. Zion Message Video
- Pray as we start booking churches to visit for fall and winter months.
- Pray as we seek a new ministry vision for Bible Storytelling in America.
- Wayne is seeking to work with churches and pastors to capture the coming harvest after COVID-19.
- The island church is now seeking to reach out to people whom they have had contact within the last few years. They are hoping for a more positive response now that they have a building.
- Pray for our island ministry, one of the elders of the Monkey island church fell from a tree and died this month.
- Brazil is being devastated by the virus, pray for the Lord’s protection for those in our little island church.
- We still need to raise considerable additional support between now and the end of the year.
- The Lord has provided a place for us to stay and cars to get around.
- Some have responded to our needs with store cards so we have been able to buy clothes, cookware, and many other needed household items.
- The island church in Brazil has started up and people are attending.
- Thank the Lord that we know a number of people in Brazil who have been sick, but for the most part, they have recovered.
- The place we are staying at is peaceful and in the middle of farm fields aiding in our rest.
- Ellen was able to attend a conference for Women Missionaries over the internet. It was a joy for her to make contact with other missionary women.
- We are starting to visit churches in these difficult times.